This documentation will show you how to reset a user's enrollment in the Crowd Manager Moodle site. This is necessary if a user wishes to renew their certification before their previous certification enrollment period has expired.
- Open phpMyAdmin for Crowd Managers: http://crowdmanagers.com:2082/
- In the c034_moodle database, go to the mdl_user table.
- Click the Search button at the top of the page, then search for the user with the firstname, lastname, or email fields.
- Copy the user's ID number from the correct row.
- In the c034_moodle database, go to the mdl_user_enrolments table.
- Click the Search button at the top of the page, then search for the user by entering their ID in the userid field.
Note: Be extremely careful that you search by userid and not id!
- The search should return one row, which represents that user's enrollment in the Crowd Manager Training Course. Delete this row by clicking the Delete button. Click OK to confirm.
- Go to the Crowd Managers Moodle site and login as the administrator account.
- At the footer of the screen, click the "Purge all caches" link.
- Login as the user you were resetting to verify that they have been unenrolled from the training course. When you click on the Crowd Manager (2019) course, you should see something like this: